Saturday 2 January 2010

I never blamed a boar for all my problems...

Well I never... It's time for another classic scene from the Lost archives.

This is about as good as writing gets on television. Such a powerful set-piece on so many levels. Okay, so it's a "Skate" scene for all those who care. This is the springboard for what was long the show's primary romantic pairing (although, these days 'Sawyer and Juliet' has taken that position.

This scene starts off as quite an awkward exchange between two people forced together by being shunned by the rest of their group. Sawyer breaks the ice by suggesting to play I Never, calling it "a way to get to know each other better".

Watch how the scene turns from awkward to flirty to bitter to downright depressing all in the space of a few minutes... and then Sawyer's faux cheerful remark at the last is just the slightly ironic cherry on a wonderfully multi-layered cake.

Kate and Sawyer play I Never


I should have saved this, and yesterday's Miles/Hurley exchange, until the end of this countdown, because they are two of my favourite scenes ever. In the coming days expect some Benjamin Linus and some Sawyer nicknames and I've also been mulling over my top 5 Lost Beauties... Keep checking back to find out how that pans out.

Namaste!

0 comments:

Post a Comment